Our original route had us starting in July and heading to Portugal, Morocco and Spain during the first few months. As we are likely to start in October, it is looking like we will tack these countries onto the end of the European leg.
We had hoped that the Brexit transition would be extended but that has been acknowledged as not happening by both the UK and EU so we will still be doing the Schengen Shuffle from the end of March 2021.
The draft map that is now forming looks as follows:
- October 2020 to March 2021 – France, Italy and Greece (black)
- April to June 2021 – Turkey and eastern Europe (maybe a visit to Egypt?) (red)
- July to September 2021 – Germany, Scandinavia and across to the UK (black)
- October 2021 to January 2022 – UK and Ireland (quite possibly a trip back to Cayman) (red)
- February to April 2022 – Portugal, Morocco, Spain and prepare to ship the motorhome to southern Africa (blue)
But, let’s see how the opening of Europe progresses before we get too ahead of ourselves.